The time has rolled around for my high school class reunion, and I'm in charge of the music! Sadly, I have to find era-appropriate tunes.
(though I am going to slip some Smiths and Roses stuff in. Make the indie kids happy)
So..... I need help. Any suggestions for the playlist from the years 1989-1993?
6 comments:
u2 - stay [faraway, so close] and babyface
stereo mcs - step it up
james - laid
cranberries- linger and dreams
lemonheads - shame about ray
l7- pretend that we're dead
catherine wheel - black metallic
rem - sidewinder sleeps tonight
romeo void - never say never
blind melon - no rain
matthew sweet - girlfriend
g 'n ' r - don't cry and november rain
the commitments - mustang sally
blur - there's no other way
continued...
sundays - here's where the story ends
sinead - nothing compares 2 u
shriekback - nemesis
pil - rise
john wesley harding - devil in me
bangles - manic monday
the alarm - 68 guns and the stand
adam ant - vive le rock
j & m chain - head on
indigo girls - closer to fine
chris isaak - wicked game
and yes i have all of this and more thanks to peter bee if needed... xoxo
Oh that's a great list! Thanks!
THE BANGLES!
I forgot I had Biz Markie and Bel Biv DeVoe. Bless.
I've got 'Goody Two Shoes' on there, representing the Ant. Unfortunately, I think this may have to be hair-metal centric, which means my random tens are going to be more embarassing than usual...
Isn't that the era where Warrant killed metal?
Cherry Pie???
I'm skipping my reunion. It's the 20 year one but I'm not paying $150 to stand around a hotel in VA with all the people I hated back then and have nothing to say to now.
Y'all are going to kill me. Ours is 25 bucks.
*ducks*
Great list QB.
Post a Comment