On Thursday, Variety shined some light on those Ghostbusters reunion rumors, which have been swirling for quite some time now. In the short breaking story, Columbia Pictures still refuses to comment on the status of a possible addition to the franchise, which up until Men in Black and Spiderman, was their highest grossing picture ever. At the time, audiences were sure that the studio would make a third but the deal fell apart when salaries skyrocketed.
So, who ya gonna call? The Office producers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, of course! The duo are set to write the new script, with hopes of bringing together a reunited cast. Although worried about the cost of having the original team back, no deals will be made until the script is finished. Hopes are high that by having the Office boys on board (they just wrote a script, Year One, that was directed by original Ghostbuster and co-writer Harold Ramis), the closeness of everyone involved with keep team spirit high.
Have I ever mentioned that I've loved Bill Murray since I was but a wee Cygirl?
3 comments:
i see no reason for part III. part II was stupid! the original was a classic!
please stop with the sequels!
But the Office people could possibly make it good. Normally I hate sequels but maybe...
I KNOW!
Dude, if they get Bill, I. Will. Die.
Post a Comment